Please FOLLOW US on Pinterest and LIKE us on Facebook

School Ideas..We have fun name decals, Backpack Name Tags, Teacher Gifts, Wall Vinyls..

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chocolate Mint Walnut Brownies


I have had such a Great response........to the
Chocolate /Mint Brownies I posted in July
I thought I'd post another one ..........but this
recipe is a lot Faster...& Easier......

These are one of the food items that will
be at my house at the Santas Gift Shoppe
Boutique coming up..(Dec. 3rd & 4th 2010)

These taste
incredible........Mint & Chocolate
just are the BEST combination together....

I
found this recipe on the back of a Brownie
Mix a very long time ago..and every time I make
them for an event or party....they always are a
hit......So, now you can get all the compliments
by making these little gems.....

Recipe

1 box "Duncan Hines" 21oz. Brownie Mix
(Chewy Fudge) Follow instructions
on the back of the box
1 16 oz. can vanilla frosting
a few drops Green food coloring (to your preference)
or ("icing colors" Kelly Green) a toothpick dab
a few drops of Peppermint extract flavoring
1 c. walnuts chopped in lg chunks (optional)
1 c. chocolate sprinkles (optional)


Follow directions on brownie mix for "fudgy"
brownies (be careful to read about metal/glass
pans vs. dark & non-stick pans...timing is a
little different)......

While brownies are cooling in the pan.....
take
the can of frosting and put it in the microwave
(about 10 sec or so) to make it more spreadable...
***You do not want it liquidity....

****You can do the next step right in the can if
you want to......

Add a few drops of
peppermint extract
and
a few drops of green food coloring/or toothpick
dab of kelly green "Icing Colors" to the can of
frosting & stir until you get the green you like...

After brownies have completely cooled....spread
frosting with a "beveled spatula" (this is the
Best kitchen tool to spread frostings I have
found......It looks like a bent long knife without
the sharp edges..)

A
dd chocolate sprinkles on top (if desired)
Look at both photos (above) to see which you like
better...Enjoy......

4 comments:

  1. What a treat!! This looks delish! Your blog is so much fun!! I'm happy to be your newest follower and I'd love to have you stop by Frou Frou Decor..I love new friends. I'd also like to invite you to link up to my weekly Fabulous Friday Finds party each Friday!! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ FFD~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy and easy to make. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Rebecca (Visiting from New Friend Fridays at The Girl Creative )

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh YUM
    I love love love
    CHOCOLATE AND MINT
    it;s my favorite combinations
    I want a mint chocolate chip milk shake now hahaha:)

    xoxo
    bB


    oooo come to think of it a mint chocolate chip BROWNIE BITE milk shake would be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found your site off of Today’s Creative Blog! I love your "craft"! It looks so delicious! I just signed up to be your newest follower! Woo hoo! I hope you stop by my new blog. I just started it 2 months ago and would love new friends! Please come see me at http://www.modernfamilymagazine.com

    -Heather-

    ReplyDelete